Monday, August 11, 2008

Project Update

Well my project is definitely a work in progress. I think I took on more then I should have at once!

The desk is still blue and still hasn't been distressed! I'm a little nervous about this whole distressing thing! Found some hardware that I liked but it didn't work with the desk so am back to searching for that. Got the room all painted and the headboard and footboard taken off of the bed.

Yet to do:
Distress and finish the desk
Paint the bookcase
Paint the door and figure out how to hang it as the headboard

These are the colors that I went with.....
Oregon Coast for the Walls
Lucy Blue for the Desk
and Whitewashed Oak for the bookcase
Hopefully I'll have a finished picture soon!!

7 comments:

JoeGirl said...

Oh Tara, These colours are lovely!

Don't be afraid of the distressing. Just take some fine grit sandpaper, LIGHTLY, to the edges that would normally be worn: along the outer corners, along the bottom where the mop would hit, under the drawer at the knee-hole, where your legs might rub, or the chair might bump, and around the knobs where your hands would rub.

Go lightly, and add more as desired. Once you're down to the bare wood, you can go over those spots with some light stain on a rag, or even some beeswax polish, just to give it a nice, warm patina.

More pictures!
Joe

Just say Julie said...

Can't wait to see the finished product, but I totally understand how crazy busy it gets. If you don't want to distress, you can always cracke finish with the white on top and the blue peeking through.

Kristen said...

Beautiful colors! I love them. I also agree with the idea of using a crackle finish if you don't want to distress. The room is going to look great! I can't wait to see the finished project.

cherry said...

Great colors. Don't be distressed about distressing (sorry bad pun) it is really easy. Just sand where there would be normal wear. Use a really soft sandpaper grit. Just go for it. cherry

Eloise said...

Those colors are stunning, both invidually and collectively! Love that name - 'Lucy Blue.' Can't wait to see the "after" pics.

Aunt Julie said...

Love your color scheme. Can't wait to hear the distressing (or maybe not so distressing?) news on your attempt to distress!

Whitney said...

Great colors! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

 
Designed by Lena