Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cubbies

Last weekend we started insulating and putting up plywood walls in the garage. We want to give it a more finished looked in there and to add some warmth for the cold winters we have here. We're planning to try and get it all finished up this weekend. We don't have any sort of mudroom or back entry at our house, but we do have a big three car garage so I have convinced the husband that I need some cubbies/lockers built along the side wall of the garage! We'll see how long it takes him to actually get it done, but I'm so excited!

These are the examples I emailed him:

14 comments:

Carry Grace said...

Those would be wonderful in a garage.

Kristen said...

Those are great! I wish I had a house to put those in.

JoeGirl said...

Hi Tara!

I love these samples... we are planning a similar treatment for our mudroom.

The beauty of putting these along a garage wall, is the dirt stays outside the main house, and you'd have at least one of the outside ends of the unit for even more hooks - dog leashes, keys, etc... fabulous project.

Don't forget to take before and after pictures!

Rachelle Lynne said...

I think we have the same ideas! I was just looking at a Lowe's design magazie with a cute playroom idea that incorporated lockers for storage. I immediately thought of you! :)

Just say Julie said...

I love those! All we have on our grage walls right now is a dart board! I am scared of the garage...

Kristen said...

And by the way, you have been tagged.

Stacey said...

Lucky you! Cant wait to see them finished!

Eloise said...

Wow, Tara. What wonderful cubbies. I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Angela said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see what your hubby comes up with!

Aunt Julie said...

Such a great storage idea. Good luck with the garage remodel! BTW, I'm hosting a Recipe Week on my blog, starting tomorrow. Please stop by and see what's cookin'!

Deanna Germany said...

I LOVE those! I would like to have those outside my back door on my carport. I get soooo tired of shoes and backpacks thrown on the floor.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

I want some too!!! lol

Aunt Julie said...

BTW, got a Great New Giveaway going on over at my place, to commemorate my 100th post--please stop by!

Angela said...

Hi Tara,

Just checking on you - I haven't seen a post from you in ages! I hope everything is okay!

Merry Christmas!

 
Designed by Lena